Monday, July 25, 2011

Rachel Beckwith: a 9 year old that left an amazing legacy

When Andrew told me about Rachel's story, it rocked my world.
I'm a dreamer, I'm always thinking of new ideas, projects, how to get in new adventures.
However, I generally feel like I never have enough to get started (I know, stinking thinking, right?)

 Rachel was 9 years old...
it didn't take her a lot of thinking, planning, analyzing...

She just ACTED




Rachel donated her 9th birthday. Her wish was to raise $300 to fund clean drinking water projects in developing nations.
Last week, Rachel was critically injured in a multi-crash accident, and was taken off life support on Saturday.

Her goal was $300
This little angel raised $120,000 and counting...
More than 6000 people will have fresh drinking water 


An anonymous donor left this message in her account:


What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal.



Such a young girl... such an amazing legacy...

All of this, because she just ACTED

Check her charity: water link here

WHAT AN INSPIRATION... WHAT AN ANGEL

xoxoxo

No comments: