Thursday, October 6, 2011

My toddler's games + adventures

To be a mom is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. But it's also the MOST FUN AND FULFILLING role that a woman can have. One of the things that I've been cherishing the most is to watch Josiah (2 1/2) grow and start reasoning more, learning new phrases, carrying more complex conversations with us and acting like an older kid. A couple of days ago, Andrew and I were involved in a very deep conversation. We were so engrossed in it that, for a moment, we totally didn't think about our little boy's whereabouts. All of a sudden, he comes in our room... all WHITE...covered in flour. He looked like he was attacked by a gang of flour packs.
Flour is one of Josiah's favorite things to play with. He will go to our little outdoor table with his cars and spend hours there making them roll through a little mountain of flour. Many times, I let him play with it since it's so entertaining for him. But this time, he realized we were distracted and just couldn't help it. He silently sneaked into the pantry, grabbed a brand new pack of flour, took it outside and dumped the whole pack in the table... and became the happiest kid on earth.







What to do after seeing that smile? SMILE WITH HIM! ( and later on, hose down the little deck, of course =)

xoxoxo

5 comments:

lauren said...

i've never let noah play with flour! oh he's going to love it!!!

The French Bird said...

Ooooh yes he will!!!! Love ya, girl!!!!!!!

Melanie @ Tip Toe Thirty said...

my mom and dad have a picture of my little sister and I doing the exact same thing, except with oatmeal. Oh the simplest amusements. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh he is a CUTIE!

Joan said...

Haha that is awesome. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to play with flour :) Haha although I may be kicking myself for saying that...

I found your blog via the blog hop...come say hey if you want!