Saturday, February 11, 2012

photo journal recap + open link up party














It's been 11 days of a thankful journey so far. I had no idea the kind of impact this photo journal would make in my heart. Being intentional about being thankful is one of the most rewarding decisions a person can make. Thankfulness truly breathes life into our bones, our hearts, our eyes. I get up every morning thinking of things I'm thankful for. I try to get past the clichés, and begin to find hidden treasures that await us during the daily grind. Every minute is so much more enjoyable because I'm finally realizing and learning what things are truly important in life. I didn't know negativity was a habit that could be uprooted by the intentional act of being thankful. Well, it is. And being intentional works. There's no automatic switch in the heart. It's not a one day deal. But like Andrew, my husband, always tells me: it's not what you do in a day, but what you do daily. We all have bad days, days when we feel like quitting, days when we feel run over by our emotions, exhaustion and stress. But the door is always in front of us. There's always an opportunity to be thankful. To smile. To breathe deep and let our shoulders come down. To look in the eyes of hope, and see how wealthy we already are. Sooner or later, spring will always come.

You can read more about my Thankful {today} Photo Challenge here. Feel free to join in and link up your weekly pictures or your best post of the week on Sundays.

Have a beautiful day!

FindingBeautyintheOrdinary.com
XOXOXO

8 comments:

Megan said...

I seriously look forward to your thankfuls each day. I'm not sure if that makes you seriously awesome, or my seriously boring haha.

Megan

Moments and Impressions said...

These make me smile. Love them.

Unknown said...

I love this link-up! I will have to participate next week :)

xo Shane

Heather @ Finding Beauty in the Ordinary said...

smiled the whole way through. love these pics! thanks so much for linking up!! xo

The Green Raybans said...

this photo journal idea is amazing-loving the photos!

i just found your blog and I am so glad I did! I love your blog design and content and cannot wait till your next post! keep up the great work! am definitely a new follower, and would appreciate it if you could do the same to me!

xoxo
http://thegreenraybans.blospot.com

James Billy Hill III said...

Love these....really nice.

kaila mo said...

oh what a wonderful idea, i totally want to start doing this! i used to try to write down things everyday i was thankful for, but i sadly stopped doing it for some reason, i suppose i started forgetting :/ but i love the whole idea of a kind of photo journal of thankfulness, i LOVE walking around and capturing moments on my camera of random little things, and things i find beautiful, so i think this is an awesome way to stay positive and thankful everyday, while incorporating it into something i love! i hope you don't mind that i may be doing something similar in the near future, i just love this idea so much!! and i loveee your blog, im really enjoying, i love all your pictures, and your kids are so adorable!!! :)

Dressing Ivana said...

I love love love your blog, your kids are so beautiful!
rocio from http://blogmodainfantil.es/